SCO UNIX owners have fewer choices?

Bob Willey bob at consult.UUCP
Mon Sep 4 06:58:11 AEST 1989

In article <96 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>In article <1677 at apt.UUCP>, brian at apt.UUCP (Brian Litzinger) writes:
>> have not yet tested them with SCO's UNIX product.
>> This is mainly because after 8 days of calling and leaving messages
>> no one at SCO has felt it worth their time to return our calls.
>
>Brian, SCO Unix is currently not even in the distribution channels

To be fair, you ought to consider that SCO just put on a gala
event for all Developers and Resellers in Santa Cruz CA.  They have spent
the last several weeks entertaining.  That probably explains the
lack of phone calls.  Most of their personnel were involved in the
SCO Forum 89.  You should have been there.  You would have seen
SCO Unix 3.2 and heard what was going on, and been involved.  That
was the purpose of the Forum.  There were many heavy weights there
from many different companies, including most of the major computer
companies, HP, ACER, Wyse, IBC, Computone, DigiBoard, Arnet, and
many many others, too numerous to mention.
Was a week well spent being out there.
Just trying to shed some light on your comments.

--
.. Computer Consulting Service     ..      Bob Willey        ..
.. P.O. Drawer 1690                ..    uunet!consult!bob   ..