XENIX 2.2.3 and >1024 h.d. cylinders: possible?

Brad Templeton brad at looking.on.ca
Fri Sep 15 04:54:02 AEST 1989

I am using Unix 3.2 with a 1224 cyl disk and the OMTI ESDI controller.
It works fine.

I can understand SCO not wanting to officially support such a thing, though.
SCO has to run on a thousand platforms and they don't all handle 1224 cyl
disks.   But if they *say* they support it, and it goes wrong, then
people are going to complain to SCO.  And I doubt they need the headaches.

What SCO has to do shortly, however, is list some harware configurations for
large disks that are assured to work, and declare support for those.
People do want large disks, now that they are getting so cheap.
--
Brad Templeton, Looking Glass Software Ltd.  --  Waterloo, Ontario 519/884-7473