Two HD controllers (Was: Re: Xenix device drivers under Unix)

Stuart Lynne sl at van-bc.UUCP
Wed Sep 20 04:34:10 AEST 1989

In article <397 at crdos1.crd.ge.COM> davidsen at crdos1.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
>You can run an Adaptek 2372 RLL controller as the 2nd controller on a
>Xenix system, it has the jumpers to change the address. The WD series
>must be jumpered with a soldering iron and xacto knife, although that
>can be done.

The addressing is changed by a jumper. The interrupt line must be done with
a jumper wire. I soldered on about a foot of wire wrap wire and placed a
small piece of non-conducting tape over the edge connector at the
appropriate place. This will allow me to return the board to it's original
condition simply by removing tape and snipping the wire.

The wire goes to another card which has a jumper for the correct interrupt
and is wire wrapped onto the post.

--
Stuart.Lynne at wimsey.bc.ca uunet!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice) 604-939-4768(fax)