VP/ix COM1 to XENIX COM2...?

Usenet file owner usenet at cps3xx.UUCP
Fri Sep 22 07:18:02 AEST 1989

>From article <13733 at well.UUCP>, by whofan at well.UUCP (Brian Lawrence Dear):
> We would like to know if a MS-DOS program running under VP/ix in
> SCO XENIX can talk to a serial port, say COM2.  But more than that!
> Could we connect a null modem cable between COM1 and COM2, and then
> have a XENIX process talk through COM1 to to the VP/ix application?

Yes, it should work. VP/ix allows access to serial ports. I haven't
actually used the serial ports under VP/ix, but the manual claims you
can.

One thing to be aware of, if you are runnign VP/ix in MultiScreens on
the console and switch from the VPix screen to any other screen, your
VP/ix process stops.

j				|%|John Lawitzke, Dale Computer Corp., R&D
Inquiring minds just wondering. |%|Internet: jhl at frith.egr.msu.edu [35.8.8.108]