VP/ix COM1 to XENIX COM2...?

Brian Lawrence Dear whofan at well.UUCP
Fri Sep 22 05:02:17 AEST 1989

I know this might sound like kludge-city, but it would still be great
if it would work:

We would like to know if a MS-DOS program running under VP/ix in
SCO XENIX can talk to a serial port, say COM2.  But more than that!
Could we connect a null modem cable between COM1 and COM2, and then
have a XENIX process talk through COM1 to to the VP/ix application?

We would like to be able to use one machine to demonstrate our PC
software product (which would in normal circumstances be used on a
separate PC with a modem to connect to our XENIX host) all in one box,
rather than having to drag a PC and a serial cable along with the XENIX
machine whenever we go on the road.

Would VP/ix be able to handle that?

----- Brian L. Dear
      Coconut Computing, Inc.
      La Jolla, CA
      Home of the COCONET On-Line Information Service