XENIX 2.2.3 and >1024 h.d. cylinder

neese at adaptex.UUCP neese at adaptex.UUCP
Mon Sep 18 23:51:00 AEST 1989

I should have been more specific.  When disabling the translation in
our firmware, on our ESDI controllers, it will improve performance.  The
RLL controllers, which have the same overhead as our ESDI controllers
when it comes to the translation code, will not gain a noticable amount
of throughput as the data rates from the drive are less than the ESDI
drives so the controller has more time to do the translation anyway.

			Roy Neese
			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
			UUCP @ {texbell,attctc}!cpe!adaptex!neese
				merch!adaptex!neese