XENIX 2.2.3 and >1024 h.d. cylinders: possible?

John Boteler bote at csense.UUCP
Tue Sep 19 02:16:46 AEST 1989

>From article <5564 at seac.UUCP>, by wain at seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson):
> ... To support and to have used, from my
> perspective, are very different. That something 'works' has a different
> meaning, as well.

support: Santa Cruz Operation, The (the corporate entity) supports
	their operating systems only in computers utilizing drives
	whose cylinder count is 1024 or less.

works: Several, including myself, have reported SCO releases
	working. For my part, this means that the systems perform
	as intended with no ill effects.

'to have used': I can only assume that if someone has used a
	system with the discussed parameters, it must have
	worked!

--
Bote
Old & Improved path!: uunet!comsea!csense!bote