XENIX 2.2.3 and >1024 h.d. cylinders: possible?

Chip Salzenberg chip at ateng.com
Wed Sep 20 01:22:51 AEST 1989

According to wain at seac.UUCP (Wain Dobson):
>SCO is quite clear that SCO UNIX 3.2 does not support greater than
>1024 cylinders.

But this is insane!  SCO Xenix/386 2.3 supports more than 1024 cylinders.
We sell 1224-cylinder drives to our customers.  We intend(ed) to upgrade
our customers to SCO Unix eventually; but how can we do so if the drives
won't work?!

How could they possibly go _backwards_ like this, insisting all the while
that SCO Unix is an _improvement_?

I hope this is just a nightmare...
--
You may redistribute this article only to those who may freely do likewise.
Chip Salzenberg at A T Engineering;  <chip at ateng.com> or <uunet!ateng!chip>