Computone + modem = ?

UseNet Id. usenet at carssdf.UUCP
Mon Sep 11 08:21:32 AEST 1989

In article <337 at crash.cts.com>, bblue at crash.cts.com (Bill Blue) writes:

> ....  The problem was that they weren't initializing
> the ioctl structure to a known state (all zero's, basically).
> So when it was passed to an application which &= and |= to set
> states, it would fail.  If all parms were set absolute, it would
> work.  Fixed.  Grudgingly.

  I just fixed a problem on a C-16 cluster box.  Exactly like that.
It worked before on an ATX, but under the C-16, default ioctl had all
the ECHO* bits set on.  My CPU-CPU program failed.  Computone told me
that they only support users of "Packages" and that if I am actually
writing programs I have to apply for a DEVELOPERS KIT.  They sent
me a form, not too bad, non-disclosure etc..., looks like the process
will take a couple of months.  Maby that will shed some light on all
of this.  I haven't told them about the "fix" because I don't have a
line of communications with them yet.  Mayb they should be listening!

John Watson     ...!rutgers!carssdf!usenet