Computone + modem = ?

Frank Bicknell frankb at usource.UUCP
Fri Sep 15 00:59:13 AEST 1989

In article <337 at crash.cts.com> bblue at crash.cts.com (Bill Blue) writes:
[ we were talking about Computone boards here, especially one
with some dead or stuck process on it ]

>   ...it is likely that such a port will eventually die (can't kill
>it, can't disable it) ...

>                                          ...  In either scenario,
>issuing an '/etc/ic_init -please' which reinits the ports at the
>Computone driver level, will then allow you to kill the processes that
>wouldn't kill before. ...

A _thousand_ thank-yous!  I've always wondered how in the world
one could kill one of those processes which was hung up in the
kernel (driver).  One time I killed every process but init and
that one just for fun.  Gee.  The only solution I knew before
was to reboot.
--
Frank Bicknell
UniSource; 1405 Main St, Ste 709; Sarasota, FL 34236