Comms Program For Xenix

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at ispi.UUCP
Sun Sep 3 23:07:50 AEST 1989

kelly at uts.amdahl.com (Kelly Goen) writes:

>I have used Professional YAM for years and have found the package able
>to handle ANY(and I DO MEAN ANY) comm situation needed in the async

>REAL-WORLD environments...I will admit it is not for everyone...if you
>havent learned to RTFM then you will have wasted your money....

I have used both on both MS-DOS and Xenix.  My opinion of TERM under
both MS-DOS and Xenix is that it has the best terminal emulation modes
I have ever seen.  This includes Pro-Yam.  Pro-Yam is very good in most
areas.  However, the manual for Pro-Yam is among the most confusing I
have ever come across.  Also, the terminal emulation modes leave a
little to be desired.  The emulation is not perfect, and on Unix it
doesn't even try to emulate a terminal.  You just use the one you have.

JB

--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.