ports, ports, and more ports.

Larry Snyder root at nstar.UUCP
Sat Sep 9 22:34:28 AEST 1989

In article <1989Sep8.200323.294 at ka3ovk.uucp>, albers at ka3ovk.uucp (Jon Albers) writes:
> How many ports do you have on your system?  Most of the multi-port boards I
> have seen are up to 16 ports.  Is that a limit for SCO XENIX/386 2.3.1?  I
> presently have 2 Quadram Quadport-AT cards, for a total of 10 serial ports,
> but I need more (I would have no trouble with 20, modems+hardwire connections
> to other mini's in the office).  What does SCO support?

I do believe that using the Computone cluster controller up to
64 ports can be used under SCO 2.3.2 using ttyi00-ttyi63 - plus
since each port can actually be running TWO applications - (using
a pre-defined control sequence) that makes for 128 processes running
from the serial lines plus another 12 on the console.
--
Larry Snyder                                              SCO Xenix 2.3.2 '386
uucp: iuvax!ndcheg!ndmath!nstar!larry                Computone Intelliport AT8