Null modems between Xenix systems.

Irwin M. Fargo fargo at iear.arts.rpi.edu
Fri Apr 13 19:23:06 AEST 1990

In article <1990Apr12.180153.28237 at mrspoc.Transact.COM> itkin at guinan.Transact.COM writes:
>robert at woodt.uucp (Robert Sexton) writes:
>
>> [ stuff about setting up Xenix systems via null modem ]
>
>Unless I'm missing something in what Robert's saying, he wants to use ONE
>cable to connect two XENIX systems in a bidirectional UUCP link.  This
>cannot be done with getty.  AT&T systems have something called uugetty
>that permits this (they sort of handshake and then wait to see who wants
>to do what).  There is probably a PD version of uugetty out there somewhere.

Couldn't this setup be done using the built-in Micnet (UNIX net) that SCO
provides?

I haven't tried setting this up, so I'm not sure what it allows one to do.
But it's worth looking into.

Hope this helps!

Thank you and happy hunting!		Actually: Ethan M. Young
"If Linus looked like Worf, would you	Internet: fargo at iear.arts.rpi.edu
 try to take his blanket away?"		Bitnet (??): usergac0 at rpitsmts.bitnet
	- dorsai at pawl.rpi.edu		Disclaimer: Who said what?