LaTeX for Xenix (posting sources here is a no-no)

Paul de Bra wsinpdb at eutws1.win.tue.nl
Tue Feb 27 01:55:54 AEST 1990

In article <14316 at s.ms.uky.edu> simon at ms.uky.edu (G. Simon Gales) writes:
>/* _lef_ */
>
>I tried these sources, and received an 'Internal Compiler Error' when
>compiling virtex9.c.  Any ideas?

The SCO compiler has problems with complicated expressions, especially
those containing complicated array constructions. Different versions have
different problems and sometimes generate bogus code even if they don't
give an internal error message.

If you use the sources posted about 2 years ago, available for anonymous
ftp from tuewsd (131.155.2.8 as Wietse kindly corrected my earlier posting)
you will not have problems on a 286 with SCO Xenix 2.2.1, but I cannot
guarantee anything on other versions or on the 386. In general though the
386 should be a lot easier.

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com)