Using UUCP under a BBS system???

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Mon Feb 12 10:12:01 AEST 1990

In article <2959 at murtoa.cs.mu.oz.au> vortex at cs.mu.oz.au (Mark Gregson) writes:

>	Hi,
>	I don't suppose anyone out there would know if
>	there is a BBS system for Xenix that will allow
>	users to use the UUCP mail facility??
>
>	I have been told that XBBS will do this, is this true or
>	false?? I want users to be able to send and receive UUCP
>	mail whilst logged into the BBS and not have to give out
>	shell accounts for this facility.
>
>	All help greatly appreciated....
>
>	PS: Thanks to those persons that replied to my previous
>	messages regarding BBS systems.

AKCS can handle this; it works best if you also install SMAIL3 (which is
no-charge, seeing as it's freely redistributable).

AKCS is a commercial product.  Call or write for more information on it.
It's available at a quite-reasonable price.  In addition to being able to
handle the user side of things, it will also gateway Usenet newsgroups if
you want and/or network with other AKCS systems.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]