Using UUCP under a BBS system???

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Tue Feb 13 03:28:35 AEST 1990

> Can you explain why having an account per user would cause any security
> problem?  I can understand wanting a mail front-end built into a bbs
> for convenience but I don't see any advantage for security.

Les - I just feel better keeping strangers (unknown users) out of my shell
and restricted to the BBS (AKCS in this case) which is very secure.

To reply to your original comments - yes - shell access can be made secure.

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system