emulating t4014 undSCO multiscreens

Ronald Florence ron at mlfarm.uucp
Sat Feb 17 10:27:19 AEST 1990

In article <1990Feb15.124810.27123 at helios.physics.utoronto.ca> dooley at physics.utoronto.ca (Kevin Dooley) writes:
 >	   Here's what I want to do:
 >	   I want to make at least one but not necessarily all of my
 >   multiple screens (tty0[1-12]) emulate a tek4014 so that I can
 >   run graphing softwarefrom the console.

It is not possible to switch from a graphics multiscreen to a
non-graphics multiscreen, but if you can live with that limitation, it
is relatively easy to write a tek4014 emulator using the SCO CGI
drivers.  The advantage of the CGI drivers is that by changing one
environmental variable, you can have output go to a printer or plotter
instead of the screen.

If there is interest, I'll post the tek4014 emulator we use, which can
be adapted for other output devices by rewriting one header file.
We've used the emulator successfully with the CGI devices (vga, ega,
Laserjet, HP plotter, Deskjet, Epson printer), and with direct output
to an HP plotter, and an Epson printer.

Ronald Florence			ron at mlfarm.uu.net
				{yale,uunet}!hsi!mlfarm!ron