Smail (2.5/3.0) for XENIX.

Greg Wettstein NU013809 at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Wed Feb 21 01:58:35 AEST 1990

I received numerous resposes regarding the availability of Smail 3.0 for
XENIX.  The long and short of it is that the source code is available in
what has been referred to as a controlled alpha-release.

A couple of individuals who responded indicated that Smail 3.0 is an
extremely large program and for UUCP only sites Smail 2.5 is entirely
adequate.

Before I jump into the throes of bringing 3.0 up I have decided, as long as I
have the source code here, to get Smail 2.5 running and see how it works in
this environment.  I know there are XENIX specific patches required for 2.5
and I think these patches include a re-write of XENIX's execmail utility.  I
would appreciate it if anyone can tell me where these patches are stored so
I can pick them up.  Replies either via e-mail or to the net would be
satisfactory.  Thanks in advance.

                                           As always,
                                           Dr. G.W. Wettstein
                                           NU013809 at NDSUVM1

`The truest mark of a man's wisdom is his ability to listen to other men
 expound their wisdom.'