Smail (2.5/3.0) for XENIX.

Greg Wettstein NU013809 at NDSUVM1.BITNET
Fri Feb 9 02:09:38 AEST 1990

I am in the process of revamping the mail system on the XENIX box which
serves as our mail servor.  I have brought up MUSH as the new mail interface
but now the transport section need work.

>From what I have been able to follow on the net Smail is basically a drop
in replacement for rmail and lmail under XENIX.  I knew that version 2.5 of
Smail existed and had heard of version 3.0 so I went hunting.

The only thing I can find on uunet pertaining to Smail is in Volume 11 of
comp.sources.misc.  There are three compressed tar files which claim to be
Version 2.5 of Smail.

My questions are:

   1:  Is there Version 3.0 of Smail available or is it wandering around in
       the throes of testing someplace.  If Version 3.0 is available where
       can it be picked up from.

   2:  Are there XENIX specific patches which have to applied to either
       Version 2.5 or 3.0.  I have heard mention of such patches but could
       not locate them on uunet.  Any suggestions or sources would be
       appreciated.

Any information would be appreciated.  I read the group avidly so responses
either to the net or e-mail would be satisfactory.  Thanks in advance for
any information which may be forthcoming.

                                    As always,
                                    Dr. G.W. Wettstein
                                    NU013809 at NDSUVM1

`The truest mark of a man's wisdom is his ability to listen to other men
 expound their wisdom.'