RLL formats & SCO Xenix

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Tue Feb 6 08:58:21 AEST 1990

In article <272 at bahamut.fsc.com> jim at bahamut.fsc.com (James O'Connor) writes:

>One system has been running for over a year, and the other for 2 months,
>without a single disk drive related problem on either.  As far as Xenix is
>concerned, the WD1006V-SR2 looks like any other ST-506 controller.  Despite
>the bad press it seems to have received lately, I think there are several
>people (my self included) who would recommend the WD1006V-SR2.  So, if you
>don't have one, you may want to ask your vendor to supply one for you.  I have
>no directo experience with other RLL controllers, but have been told the
>WD1006 is the best of the bunch.  (Karl Denniger, would you agree?)

You bet.  It has only one real weakness; it can't be jumpered for a
secondary address.  For that we use the 2370B; it does have the jumpers.

The WD1006 is faster under Xenix.  Under ISC I don't have the numbers on
them both, although I guess I should do the tests -- we do have both boards
here. :-)

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]