ESIX

MARK LEVY mark.levy at canremote.uucp
Tue Feb 6 21:30:00 AEST 1990

jP>From: jim at applix.UUCP (Jim Morton)
jP>Orga: APPLiX Inc., Westboro MA

jP>Well, I'll talk about how *inexpensive* SCO Open Desktop is. What
jP>Bill said in his original article is correct: SCO Open Desktop
jP>bundles SCO Unix, SCO TCP/IP, SCO NFS, DOS-Merge, SCO X-Sight, and
jP>Ingres DB for $995.00 (multi- user version higher by a couple hundred
jP>$). If someone foolishly wanted to by the Open Desktop components
jP>separately, you might hit the $3600.00 mark, but that's why it's a
jP>package *deal*. --

   Are there any rumors about an upgrade path from SCO XENIX 386 to
SCO Open Desktop?  I know that there is a path available for XENIX
to UNIX.

Mark
---
 ~ DeLuxe 1.11a18 #3019
 ~ QNet 2.04a:NorthAmeriNet: Sound Advice BBS ~ Gladstone ~ MO