help on MICROPOLIS 1568 HD

William.A.Sneed ghost at robecdc.UUCP
Sat Feb 3 16:00:35 AEST 1990

>>The "xnx133" ESDI driver fix from SCO is ONLY for the Western Digital
>>WD1007A ESDI controller card.

Roy Neese replies:
>As the 2322B is a WD look alike the xnx133 fix applies.  I know of several
>sites who have had troubles and this has corrected them.  We have found in
>certain CPU's (I can;t mention whose, as the companies have us under non-
>disclosure), the read ahead will have problems under SCO and ISC.  If you
>do not have any problems, then you are safe to use it.  As the original
>poster was having the types of troubles that are indicated when read ahead
>is enabled, I suggested he disable the read ahead and see if that cured
>his problems.  After the installation, then install the xnx133 fix and re-
>enable the read ahead and it will probably work fine.

My comments:

	Roy is correct in so far as he goes. We sell the WD1007, however
	not all "look-alikes" suffer from this malady. Our experience w/
	the DTC-6280 (6180) has been excellent. I haven't had one go
	south in the last two years. They also offer some nifty features
	like a working bad-track function, and sector-sparing. For my
	money this is the ticket.