help on MICROPOLIS 1568 HD

Bradley W. Fisher brad at microm.UUCP
Thu Feb 1 09:18:05 AEST 1990

In article <21800004 at adaptex>, neese at adaptex.UUCP writes:
>>We finally gave up on the Adaptec ACB-2322B-8 under Xenix 2.3.2 GT. We were OK
>>with SCO Unix, things worked. But we needed this to run under Xenix. SCO sent
>>a Beta copy of another formatter. Still no good. The drive kept reporting bad
>>tracks after the hard format found none.
>
>I never heard, but did you try disabling the read ahead on the 2322?  Did you
>also obtain the "xnx133" ESDI driver fix from SCO?
>
> 			Roy Neese
> 			Adaptec Central Field Applications Engineer
> 			UUCP @ {texbell,attctc}!cpe!adaptex!neese
> 				merch!adaptex!neese
> 				uunet!swbatl!texbell!merch!adaptex!neese

The "xnx133" ESDI driver fix from SCO is ONLY for the Western Digital
WD1007A ESDI controller card.
I think the original poster is leaving out part of the picture here,
because I, along with others that have posted on this subject are using
the 2322B with great success. I think it's the best solution for SCO 386
and ESDI drives (I mostly install Priam and Maxtor drives). Every one of
my installations (about a dozen now) has the read ahead cache enabled as well.
I'm just a wanna be UNIX guru (IJWBUG)               | Micro Maintenance, Inc.
						     | 2465 W. 12th St. #6
	   -== Brad Fisher ==- 		             | Tempe, Arizona  85281
...!asuvax!mcdphx!hrc!microm!brad		     | 602/894-5526