RLL formats & SCO Xenix

Terry Hull terry at tah386.manhattan.ks.us
Wed Feb 7 15:11:39 AEST 1990

mark.levy at canremote.uucp (MARK LEVY) writes:
>   I have had no problems since I installed an RLL controller in my
>XENIX system.  It's been almost a year now, and not a hiccup.  I
>am using a Mitsubishi MR-535, which is RLL cretified, and a Priam
>ID-130, which isn't.  I don't want to start any wars on this subject,
>but I have a high degree of confidence in the Priam drive.

I was told by PGI, who used to be Priam distributors, that the only
difference between an ID/130 and an ID/230 was the 230 came with a RLL
controller and the 130 did not come with a controller.  They claimed
that Priam certified both drives for use with RLL controllers.  The
stopped selling Priam stuff because the company was hard to work with,
and not because the drives were unreliable.

--
Terry Hull
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Kansas State University