uucp gettydefs for unix systems

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Feb 6 13:27:57 AEST 1990

In article <680 at boink.UUCP> root at boink.UUCP (Super user) writes:

| 	I have tried without success to come with up a gettydefs entry for
| SCO Xenix 2.3.2 that will allow generic logins from normal UNIX sites. Most
| sites assume 7E1, where the Xenix default is 8N1.

  8N1 is the correct default for SysV. BSD sites should set no parity in
the L.sys file before calling. I *think* the magic work is P_NONE, but
please look it up. Sixhub gets calls from 34 sites, so I think it's fair
to say that it works. You now need BREAK to autobaud, the 2.2 getty
seemed to shift from a higher to lower speed in RETURN, but the 2.3
version doesn't. I'd scrap the "improvement" if I didn't need dialout on
the same line.
--
	bill davidsen - sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX
davidsen at sixhub.uucp		...!uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen

"Getting old is bad, but it beats the hell out of the alternative" -anon