Xenix clear screen function..

Jeff French jfrench at photon.tamu.edu
Tue Feb 6 12:12:16 AEST 1990

In article <153 at mnopltd.UUCP> gatech!stiatl!mnopltd!neal writes:

>->Does my Xenix '286 ver. 2.1.1 have a "clear screen" funtion that I am
>->overlooking? Under MS/DOS the command is "cls", and on SunOS it's "clear".
>->
>->I have RTFM 'till I'm blue in the face. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
>try 'tput clear'... wasn't that obvious?...

As the originator of this thread, I would like to thank all those that
responded. Each of the solutions were the same as the one suggested above.
The problem is that ver 2.1.1 doesn't support "tput". It is not an option
from the command line of any shell I've tried.

The closest thing to it is "tputs", which can be used as a termcap entry.
It is not available as an external command. Am I missing something here?