SCO's vsh

John Campbell soup at penrij.LS.COM
Mon Feb 12 07:26:06 AEST 1990

In article <5904 at ozdaltx.UUCP>, root at ozdaltx.UUCP (root) writes:
> I've been toying with vsh (visual shell) on SCO Xenix (286)
> and get the impression that it will allow customized menus/help for
> specific uses.  The manual hints that this is possible, but dosn't go
> into any specifics outside of basically listing overall commands.

	Yeah, I know.  The manual is _really_ incomplete.  Few people
	know (or want to know) how to do this stuff.  I imagine that
	it'd be possible, but, considering that the shell is not
	supposed to require a user's manual, I found a couple of blind
	alleys that forced me to kill it from another terminal.

	I _did_not_ like the vsh, but then, I'm a programmer, right?
	I actually find the ksh indispensable, so anytime I end up on
	a new machine I port it over...

> Can anyone enlighten me further if this is possible or how flexable
> vsh really is?

	Like my summary, vsh emulates intergalactic vacuum.  It's really
	pretty good at it, too...

--
 John R. Campbell	...!uunet!lgnp1!penrij!soup	  (soup at penrij.LS.COM)
		 "In /dev/null no one can hear you scream"