Bug in rcc (SCO UNIX V.3.2/386)

Paul de Bra wsinpdb at eutws1.win.tue.nl
Fri Feb 9 23:31:56 AEST 1990

In article <590 at kivax.UUCP> ohl at kivax.UUCP (Ohlhausen Abt.013.4) writes:
>I found a bug in rcc (AT&T C-compiler in SCO Unix V.3.2/386) which occurs when
>using floating point constants with significant digits after the decimal point:

>	float f;
>	f = 0.1;
>	printf("f = %f\n",f);

>Output is: f = 1.000000

This is an SCO feature :-) as it does not occur with the AT&T C-compiler
in AT&T Unix V.3.2/386.

Or else it is a feature of the 80387 emulator if you don't have the
coprocessor (you didn't say, but you should, whenever you mention a
floating point problem, as the emulator is known to be buggy).

Paul.
(debra at research.att.com)