Bug in rcc (SCO UNIX V.3.2/386)

Ralf Ohlhausen ohl at kivax.UUCP
Mon Feb 12 23:59:58 AEST 1990

In article <590 at kivax.UUCP>, ohl at kivax.UUCP (Ohlhausen Abt.013.4) writes:
> I found a bug in rcc (AT&T C-compiler in SCO Unix V.3.2/386) which occurs when
> using floating point constants with significant digits after the decimal point:
>
> 	float f;
> 	f = 0.1;
> 	printf("f = %f\n",f);
>
> Output is: f = 1.000000

In the meantime I found out that the bug occurs only if the environment variable
LANG is set to german_germany.8859 during the compilation. Poor German :-( .
BTW: Greetings to the french_france.8859 people. You have the same problem! :-)
Since the assembler code - produced with the -S option - shows no difference, I
believe that he's the one who doesn't like my language.

Ralf Ohlhausen          * e-mail: ohl at kivax.uucp           * In all probability
Mannesmann Kienzle GmbH * Europe: ..!mcvax!unido!kivax!ohl * this is once again
7730 VS-Villingen  FRG  * USA:    ..!uunet!unido!kivax!ohl * only my opinion !