Getty timeout problem

Perry Minyard 3MTA3 perry at bluemtn.uucp
Thu Feb 22 00:37:37 AEST 1990

In article <7724 at tank.uchicago.edu> goer at sophist.UUCP (Richard Goerwitz) writes:
>perry at bluemtn.UUCP (uunet!bluemtn!perry)(Perry Minyard) writes:
>>
>>You might want to play around with telinit, but I dont think that will help
>>you either.
>
>Telinit under Xenix has a rather limited usefulness with its getty com-
>mand.  Its format is rigid, and is pretty much a translation of what you

[...]

>                SCO promises a more full integration of telinit and
>enable/disable approaches in a future release of Xenix, so this is not
>meant to be a criticism of them.  For now, hack we must.

Yea.. right in the manual, and inittab file, it says "It is intended that
a full integration of these two approaches will be provided in future
versions of Xenix."

I've heard they aren't going to have any further releases of Xenix.
I have version 2.3.3.  Hey SCO... are you out there listening?  Am I
wrong or am I right?

-Perry Minyard