uupc

don kossman don at dksfr.UUCP
Sun Feb 11 06:59:43 AEST 1990

i'm looking for a current version of "uupc" for DOS.

i've got an old, (august 87) alpha version from stuart lynn, which is
apparently an adaptation of richard lamb's "dcp" code.  it
provides two programs, "mail" and "uu".  the former works
reasonably well, but the latter, which kinda emulates unix uucico
(but, this being dos, runs in the foreground) does not, at
least when i try to connect to a xenix or ultrix system.  just get lots
of checksum errors (uucp "g" protocol).

i know there are at least two commercial versions available, but
don't have several hundred $s to spend on this, plus would like
to have source to customize.

if you have source or know where it is please let me know;
i do not have direct ftp access to the internet or uunet
but may prevail upon neighbors who do.

please followup to comp.unix.xenix as my news feed does not include
comp.sys.ibm.pc- or send mail if you could mail me source.

thanks!

Don Kossman, SEI Information Technology, Los Angeles
mahendo.jpl.nasa.gov!jplgodo!seila!don OR sun!suntzu!seila!don