Trailblazer Plus & disappointing throughput...

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus.UUCP
Wed Feb 7 09:52:46 AEST 1990

In article <1844 at oneb.UUCP> kmcvay at oneb.UUCP (Ken McVay) writes:
> I installed our first Trailblazer Plus late last month, and have been
>
> file for van-bc is set for 19200 (tried 38400, but it wouldn't fly), and icgnu
> is set for 9600. The same Devices listing is used for both.

I have seen this  problem  on  several  TB's  including  the  New
TB2500.  The  modem  "skids"  that is, when you tell the modem to
stop sending data from it to your computer by dropping  CTS,  the
modem  sends a few more bytes of data. This is just enough for my
ports card to drop the data on the floor.  The  whole  packet  is
discarded,  uucico  NAK's  the next packet and the retransmission
takes place. Drop the speed to 9600 baud to get  the  800  or  so
characters  that  the  TB1000 will do. If you are running this on
COM1 or COM2 the same thing is happening for a different  reason.
Characters are lost at the serial port. I have told Telebit about
this in an official capacity but no fix is forthcomming.