Monitor by Anvil Designs

James O'Connor jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Sat Feb 3 02:13:59 AEST 1990

In article <961 at bbx.UUCP>, russ at bbx.UUCP (Russ Kepler) writes:
: In article <826 at rupert.mdavcr.UUCP> dougf at mdavcr.UUCP (Douglas Floer) writes:
: >In the Dec 11 issue of UNIX Today, Page 8, Anvil Designs of Santa Clara
: >advertises a product called "Monitor" that sounds suspiciously like the
: >monitor posting to this newsgroup of about 6 months ago.  Anyone have any
: >background on it?
: >
:
: In order to nip this one in the bud I looked over the software and it
: isn't the same - even though it has some of the same capabilities.  Of
: course I didn't examine the source but it certainly didn't appear to
: be a ripoff.

My HP rep also told me about a product called Monitor which they sell for their
HP 9000 computers.  I showed her our "Usenet monitor" program and she told me
that it was not the same thing, but did some very similar work.

Perhaps the HP Monitor and Anvil Designs Monitor are the same thing.

James B. O'Connor			Work:	jim at tiamat.fsc.com
Data Processing Manager  		Play:   jim at bahamut.fsc.com
Ahlstrom Filtration, Inc.		UUCP:	uunet!tiamat!jim