Computone board for dial in/out modem - anybody make it work

Pentti Soini pena at tuura.UUCP
Sat Jan 13 20:29:35 AEST 1990

scott at boake2.UUCP (Scott Boake) writes:

>Has anybody been able to make a Computone board work for dial in/out under
>Has anybody be able to make ANY intelligent I/O card work both ways ?

We are using intelligent Specialix SI-cards under SCO Xenix 2.3.2. We
have 6 modems connected to our 386 system through this card and all
modems work for dial in/out without any problems. Most of our modems are
9600 baud error correction (MNP5/LAPB) Hayes compatible modems. In fact
we have also used SLIP (SCO TCP/IP) over those SI/modem lines with very
good results (0.6 - 0.8 kb/sec!).

Pentti Soini					pena at yj.data.nokia.fi
Nokia Data, General Systems, Finland		+358-0-5673987
Tech. Support / Unix based systems		PO.Box 780, SF-00101 Helsinki