Computone board for dial in/out modem - anybody make it work

Bill Blue bblue at crash.cts.com
Sat Jan 13 17:29:31 AEST 1990

In article <278 at boake2.UUCP> scott at boake2.UUCP (Scott Boake) writes:
>Has anybody been able to make a Computone board work for dial in/out under
>SCO Xenix or SCO UNIX?  I've tried and can get it to work one way or the
>other but not both.

It's broke, Scott.  The Computone drivers have problems with two-way
use (version 3 and up).  The types of problems vary depending on
specifically which driver version you use.  Best to use COM ports for
two way use and Computone ports for inbound or outbound only.  I'm
up to drivers 4.50 BETA and none of the bugs that have existed for
up to 6 months have been fixed.

--Bill