Manners when asking for information

uhclem at trsvax.UUCP uhclem at trsvax.UUCP
Tue Jan 9 03:51:00 AEST 1990

<>
R6>The only solution that I see is to send the poster mail asking for a
R6>summary.  Many times I guage the interest in a particular topic by the
R6>number of responses I receive.  Therefore, if I only get a single
R6>response I usually think that no one else is interested in the topic
R6>and do not post a summary.  If a summary is requested, I'll create one
R6>and send it out.

You are quite correct.  If someone feels that they will be unable to see the
eventual summary (and I have a email request on the net right now and
the responses are just starting to arrive after a week, which just goes to
show that these things take time), send email requesting a personal copy
of the summary.

The goal is to cut net traffic down to its useful components, which can
save mortals big bucks in phone charges.

<My opinion, and not that of the telephone company who would rather everyone
 include the base message in each response and respond to everything...>

					"Thank you, Uh Clem."
					Frank Durda IV @ <trsvax!uhclem>
				...decvax!microsoft!trsvax!uhclem
				...hal6000!trsvax!uhclem