Using Pcomm on sco xenix 386

egray at fthood.UUCP egray at fthood.UUCP
Fri Jan 12 21:38:43 AEST 1990

> Reference: Using Pcomm on sco xenix 386
>
> Hi there!  I have pcomm and I'm trying to use it on a IBM PS/2 model 80
> running sco xenix.  I get everything to compile and the executibles work,
> but the dial command does not work properly.  Also I get core dumps some
> times when I try to save dial entries.
>
> The dial function will dial the phone, but it will not recognize the
> connection string from the modem until the user presses the return key.
>
> What Could I be doing wrong?
>
> Frank Paterra
> paterra at cs.odu.edu
>
> P.S. Sorry about the posting, I tried to send mail to the developer, but it
> bounced.

This is the so-called WGETCH_BROKE problem.  Define that pre-processor
definition in config.h and recompile.

BTW:  The current version of Pcomm is v1.2.6.  Patch #7 will be posted
to comp.sources.bugs this weekend.  Both the "posted version" of Pcomm
(version 1.2.4) and patches 5 and 6 are available via anonymous ftp from
cerl.cecer.army.mil (129.229.1.101).

Emmet P. Gray				US Army, HQ III Corps & Fort Hood
...!uunet!uiucuxc!fthood!egray		Attn: AFZF-DE-ENV
fthood!egray at uxc.cso.uiuc.edu		Directorate of Engineering & Housing
					Environmental Management Office
					Fort Hood, TX 76544-5057