Formatting 3.5 inch floppies on 386 Xenix

John Poplett john at cstreet.uu.net
Sun Jul 8 11:34:34 AEST 1990

On my Xenix 386 system, release 2.3.2, verification fails when
formatting high-density 3.5" floppies on the second drive (using
/dev/rfd1135ds18).

However if I format one floppy from DOS first, subsequent
formats from Xenix work suggesting that something's not quite
right in the way the FD driver is initializing the FD controller
that somehow the PC BIOS gets right.

Has anyone run across this problem before? It certainly looks
and acts and feels like a bug.

John

--
John Poplett @ C Street Software     | "Shutup", he explained.
312 Wolff St. Oxnard, Ca. 93033 USA  |    ~ Ring Lardner