Expanding INODEs

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Tue Jul 3 11:26:58 AEST 1990

In article <1876 at anomaly.UUCP> mike at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:

>No, we had a /u filesystem too, which was where we put our news.
>Actually, it was /dev/news... But, with a full feed, and a 14 day
>expiration, inodes keep running out.

Thats easy: back up all the files on /dev/news and run:

	mkfs /dev/news blocks:inodes

As someone pointed out to me, it is normally useless to make inodes
greater than blocks, since each file will use at least one block
(exception is device special files and their ilk).

Make the file system the same size as it was (or you'll have to get
into at least the divvy table if not other issues).

Maybe you should take on fewer news groups or set the expiration
to fewer days.... You know, you don't have to download
alt.cyberpunk.bondage.bork.bork.bork.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate