Expanding INODEs

Michael P. Deignan mike at anomaly.sbs.com
Sun Jul 1 00:36:23 AEST 1990

In article <667 at sci34hub.UUCP> gary at sci34hub.sci.com (Gary Heston) writes:
>The easiest thing to do is create a separate filesystem for your
>news spool directory (you didn't make the entire 700+MB ONE file
>structure, did you? You shouldn't, you'll run out of inodes....)

No, we had a /u filesystem too, which was where we put our news.
Actually, it was /dev/news... But, with a full feed, and a 14 day
expiration, inodes keep running out.

>with the maximum number of inodes Xenix will take, and mount it
>as /usr/spool/news or whatever. I mount mine as /news, to cut
>down on path length a little. Works great; the rest of the system
>doesn't crash if spooldir fills up, and so on....

What I'm trying now is to make:

/dev/news -> /usr/spool/news
/dev/rec  -> /usr/spool/news/rec
/dev/comp -> /usr/spool/news/comp

Unfortunately, inews expects all files to be on the same filesystem,
so I'm getting error messages when I post news. I'll be surprised if
this makes it out.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President       -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --