Expanding INODEs

Michael P. Deignan mike at anomaly.sbs.com
Fri Jul 6 21:05:03 AEST 1990

In article <7622 at scorn.sco.COM> rogerk at sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) writes:
>Maybe you should take on fewer news groups or set the expiration
>to fewer days.... You know, you don't have to download
>alt.cyberpunk.bondage.bork.bork.bork.

Unfortunately, that cannot be. We act as a distribution center for news in
Rhode Island. Although... I do trim down the number of newsgroups on a
regular basis because of forged newsgroups, etc., so things get 'junk'ed,
which has a 1 day expiration.

what it looks like we'll have to do is actually patch the news software,
both RN and Bnews, to allow posting articles to multiple filesystems.
Either that, or rewrite the link() function so that it copies files instead
of creating links to them.

MD
--
-- Michael P. Deignan, President       -- Small Business Systems, Inc. --