DTC 6280-15T with SCO Xenix/UNIX?

Bill Campbell campbell at Thalatta.COM
Sun Jul 15 03:02:30 AEST 1990

In article <1ii5L1w161w at cdthq> gary at cdthq (gary) writes:
:davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (Wm E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
:>   Ah ha! The reason it worked was because I had an old IBM CGA card in
:> for debugging before putting in a VGA card. Does that ring any bells
:> with anyone?
:
:Yes, real familiar. We had lots of problems at work with Unix/Xenix
:not working with some brands of EGA/VGA cards. Does the system work
:with the VGA card and a ST-506 drive/card? If it does, you're
:probably having a memory collision between the new HD adapter and
:the VGA. I suspect the first....
:
:Gary Heston, at home....

I too had VGA related problems.  Specifically the 16-bit Paradise VGA+
caused problems writing floppy disks on my 33Mhz 386 with Xenix 2.3.3!
Putting the 16-bit board in an 8-bit slot cleared the problem.  I
subsequently replaced the board with an 8-bit and haven't had any
problems since.
--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way