Tape Drive Suggestion? (Summary)

Peter Black pmb at sequim.UUCP
Sat Jul 21 02:52:05 AEST 1990

I sold a friend a system with a Wangtek 5150PK internal 150 meg tape
drive, SCO Xenix 2.3.2 GT, and now I am sorry.  SCO wrote the drivers
for Wangtek but they don't work right.  Using sysadmin, you can restore
file(s) by jumping back and forth between multiscreens and executing
"tape reset" between operations that access the tape.  I don't think it
would be possible to boot from a floppy and restore the root file system.
Backup works fine and tar is reported to work.  Nice tape unit,
bad software drivers.  SCO says it is a low priority bug fix.
Isn't too bad we've lost pride in our work.

Peter M. Black, Peter M. Black Real Estate Co., Inc.
P.O. Box 2227, 315 E. Washington Street, Sequim, WA 98382
Voice (PDT): (206) 683-1171 or 800-962-7307, FAX: (206) 683-5415
E-Mail: uunet!sequim!pmb