Formatting 3.5 inch floppies on 386 Xenix

hank barta hb at vpnet.chi.il.us
Sat Jul 14 11:55:05 AEST 1990

>>problems with verify following format on 3 1/2 drive on Xenix

I don't know if this helps, but I had the same problem (under SCO Unix)
when I formatted the default device which had been linked to the 5 1/4
disk node. It wouldn't seem like the case since the original poster
explicitly referenced the 3 1/2 device. (However that wouldn't have stopped
me, since during my installation of the 3 1/2 drive I managed to link my
3 1/2 device node to the default 5 1/4 node :-) (Indicentally, the major
and minor device numbers for fd1135ds18 are 2,61. I don't know if they're
the same for Xenix)

I also know somebody who had a similar problem until they properly defined
the 2nd drive as a 3 1/2 drive on the CMOS setup.

hank

White Oak Software Inc.                 Henry Barta
0 South 258 Park                        (708) 462-6909 (voice)
Winfield, IL 60190                      ...!vpnet.chi.il.us!pswin!barta
Predictable systems by design.          hb at vpnet.chi.il.us