COM3: and COM4: devices

Paul Martin pmartin at psmsd.UUCP
Wed Jul 25 01:59:56 AEST 1990

I know this has been asked many times before, but I never really paid any
attention because it never applied to me, but does anyone out there know
of a way to use COM3: and COM4: ports on a standard multi i/o board with
xenix (ie a tty device)?

COM3: shares the irq with COM1:
COM4: shares the irq with COM2:

These ports work fine under dos, but I would like to really use them
under my Xenix/386 v2.3.2

I think it would just be a simple mknod but I don't know the major/minor
device numbers

Thanks in advance

--
+--------[ Paul Martin at P.S.M. Software Development ]--------+
| Smart: pmartin at psmsd.UUCP     | "Yes I am serious, and don't |