Open desktop

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Tue Jun 5 12:50:53 AEST 1990

In article <43 at raysnec.UUCP> shwake at raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) writes:

| 	- Corruption of some critical files if I change the default root
| 	  shell from Bourne to Cshell

  That can cause trouble with many systems. I have a Korn shell login
which lets me do stuff, but the default for root is sh.

| 	- Bootup problems after power loss when Korn Shell has been
| 	  substituted for /bin/sh (We're still working to narrow this
| 	  problem down)

  I strongly suggest not doing that. There are just enough thing which
aren't quite the same to bite you. Change the default for users, have a
ksh or csh superuser login, but don't cause yourself trouble.

| 	- Custom will not load Xenix/386 Software Dvlpmt (and SCO says
| 	  they don't support it under SCO UNIX!)

  This can be done by hand, but I don't have my notes on it here.
Offhand why do you want to run the Xenix DS (other than you paid an arm
and a leg for it).
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX