Hard disk errors

David H Close compata at cup.portal.com
Sat Jun 2 12:08:47 AEST 1990

Yesterday I wrote:

" I pay for support from SCO but don't usually find it convenient to call them
" during the business day.  So I use email.  I sent in the following request
" two days ago, but so far I haven't had ANY response.  If anyone on the net
" can answer the question, I'd sure appreciate it.  And if anyone is wondering
" about SCO's email support, I'd have to advise you to beware.

Turns out SCO did receive my request, just didn't acknowledge it.  They now
have both acknowledged it and answered it.  I understand when technical people
get behind and responses are delayed.  I don't understand the failure to even
acknowledge the message for over 48 hours.  Left me hanging, if you understand.

I do think SCO is getting further behind these days.  Maybe they should
consider a satellite support center somewhere else in the country.  I'm sure
that nearly everyone competent in Santa Cruz is already hired...

Dave Close, Compata, Arlington, Texas
compata at cup.portal.com
compata at mcimail.com
817/277-6767 (817/apropos)