Expanding INODEs

Roger Knopf 5502 rogerk at sco.COM
Fri Jun 29 11:31:16 AEST 1990

In article <1817 at anomaly.sbs.com> mike at anomaly.sbs.com (Michael P. Deignan) writes:

>Is there a way to expand the number of blocks on the filesystem to
>handle more inodes? For instance, let's say I wanted to increase the
>number of available blocks for inodes to 20,000 blocks. Is there a
>way to do this? I've looked thru several thousand pages of SCO
>documentation and cannot find a reference of any sort.

There isn't any way to do it in place. No matter what you do, you will
have to reinstall Xenix on your root.

BEFORE you start this process, you are going to have to hack the
installation floppies. I don't know the exact trick off the top
of my head, but in the next day or two I will work it out. Probably
modify /usr/lib/mkdev/hd. Stay tuned.
--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services