disk mirroring under SCO UNIX

Michael Killermann micha at gopnbg.gopas.sub.org
Tue Jun 12 15:46:33 AEST 1990

In article <787 at netmbx.UUCP> jack at netmbx.UUCP (Jack Murawski) writes:
>I use in my company a NOVELL Network with disk mirorring in file server.
>It is very comfortable not to must to do the backup of the server
>every day and to by sure that the data is secure.
>Is there any disk mirroring software for SCO UNIX 3.2 or for ODT on
>the market.

I know only a hardware-solution.

You must use the DPT-Harddisk-Controller with the (Hardware)-Caching-Option.
This part isn't cheap (ca. 2500.- DM for the Controller and 1400.- for the
Mirorring-Option) but it is Hardware-Independent and with a another 4 MB
Option board for the Controller (normally he has only 512 KB ) very fast
under Xenix/SCO Unix and Interactive.

I use it now 1 Year and i'm very satisfied with this part.

Micha