Trouble with Xenix rmail.

Lance N. Antrim lance at embassy.UUCP
Mon Jun 4 20:53:54 AEST 1990

>From article <1990Jun3..23459 at rdk386.uucp>, by ron at rdk386.uucp (Ron Kuris):
>>
>>Xenix rmail can't handle multiple recipients.  The site which feeds
>>you needs to take the "m" out of the Flags part of their uucp mailer
>>specification.  This prevents their site from putting multiple
>>recipients in the rmail line.  The bad part of this is that you get a
>>separate message for each user, which increases the connect time.
>
> A better solution is to get smail and install it.  It handles multiple
> recipients and completely replaces rmail.
> --
> --
> ...!pyramid!unify!rdk386!ron -or- ...!ames!pacbell!sactoh0!siva!rdk386!ron
> It's not how many mistakes you make, its how quickly you recover from them.

This must be a recurring question, so if there is a reference to send me
to, then please do.  I want to install smail 2.5 on my Xenix 386 system.
 I have the sources for smail 2.5 and pathalias.  I assume that I pretty
much follow the instructions for installation on a System V/no sendmail
system, but it there anything particular to Xenix that I should watch
for?  In particular, do I treat xenix execmail as if were the SysV
rmail?

I have been through the documentation, the nutshell guides and the xenix
manuals, but now I need advice from those who gone before.  You can
e-mail responses and I will post a summary of the steps needed to
install smail on Xenix for others.

... uunet!embassy!lance

thanks
--

Lance Antrim                            Project on Multilateral Negotiation
..!uunet!embassy!lance                  American Academy of Diplomacy